Zoo Patrol 2017
If you love animals, the environment and being outdoors then you’ll love Zoo Patrol, a week full of Zoo Keeper talks, behind the scenes tours, hands-on learning, games, crafts and more!
Children get a fun week of zoo-based activities, tours, and behind the scenes experiences. Each day patrollers tour an area of the zoo (Rainforest, Predators, Farmyard, Hoofstock) and have a special presentation by our keeper staff. The activities may include making enrichment items for the animals, watching training procedures, learning about new exhibits and more. Each week also offers some of our zoo presentations and introduction to our education animal collection. We offer zoo related games, crafts and activities for the younger groups. The sessions for the older children may include hands on activities involving tracking, scientific observation, and artifact identification. Zoo Patrollers also take part in all special summer shows offered by the zoo. Each day includes time for a snack and a little air-conditioned break! Special Friday activities include a carousel ride and a trip to the gift shop. Sessions are scheduled for children ages 6 to 8, 9 to 11 and 12 to 14. Zoo Patrol takes place in our Research Station and throughout zoo grounds. Children arrive at 9 AM and leave at 12:30 PM.
- July 3 – 7; session for 12 to 14 year olds
- July 10 – 14; session for 6 to 8 year olds
- July 17 – 21; session for 9 to 11 year olds *THIS SESSION IS FULL*
- July 24 – 28; session for 6 to 8 year olds
- July 31 – August 4; session for 9 to 11 year olds
- August 7 – 11: session for 6 to 8 year olds
- August 14 – 18: session for 9 – 11 year olds